This is an easy resource for tax related queries for individuals and small business who file their own tax returns or want to double check advice they have received fom others. It will not attempt to substitute a tax advisor or tax expert, whose help is required for complex issues. Nor is it a grievance redress forum to take up your issues.Tax Helpline
The Credit Helpline’s main objective is to provide counselling and guidance to those who are unable to repay loans and are in default. The Helpline tries to impress upon people the importance of a good credit score and helps them in rebuilding credit through a dialogue with their lenders.
At a basic level, the Helpline also helps in understanding credit reports, guides them on rectifying mistakes in the credit report and provides information and advice on how to rebuild credit scores so that a person’s borrowing capability is not impaired.
The Helpline offers Free, confidential information about loans to prospective borrowers and indebted customers stopping them from getting fleeced by ‘debt doctors’. It aims to answer questions related to credit and inform individuals and SMEs about the do’s and don’ts of credit, budgeting, how to avoid a debt spiral and credit scores.
Our target is:
– Persons who have had their loan or credit card applications rejected by banks/finance companies without ascribing reasons.
– Persons who have multiple borrowings and are unable to meet their repayment obligations due to temporary problems (illness, loss of job or personal crisis) but have every intention to repay.
– Persons who have defaulted and who are seeking an amicable way to end the harassment by recovery agents.
– Persons who find they are shown as defaulters when they have never defaulted.
– Persons whose credit report contains wrong information (loans or searches that they have not availed of)
– Those who have settled with a borrower, but want to rebuild their credit score since they cannot borrow anymore or have their credit card applications rejected.
The Credit helpline offers:
a. Free information and education to borrowers
b. Information on how to deal with legal action taken by lenders
c. Free counselling on credit history
d. Help in disputes relating to statements, interest charged, balances etc
e. Help in dispute resolution by negotiating debt restructuring
f. Help on the legal and informal debt restructuring options available
The Credit Helpline will NOT HELP YOU AVOID REPAYMENT OR FIND WAYS TO DUCK YOUR OBLIGATIONS.Credit Helpline
Legal Resource Centre
Information and guidance for those needing legal help or planning legal action.
The Legal Resource Centre’s (LRC) main objective is to provide information, advice and preliminary guidance to a person needing legal help or planning legal action.
The LRC, with a panel of experts, provides FREE help and guidance in 10 defined areas.
1. Filing complaints with financial regulators & stock exchanges
2. Filing consumer complaints
3. IT Act and issues that affect life and liberty
4. Filing Public Interest Litigation
5. Guidance to Whistleblowers
6. Filing complaints & consequences in Sexual Harassment cases
7. Wills, transmission of assets etc
8. Filing RTI effectively and handling the appeals process
9. Property, conveyance, cooperative society related issues, registration, stamp duty etc
10.Basic legal research of different kinds especially pertaining to new legislation